Beltsville Area Director
10300 BALTIMORE BLVD.
BLDG. 003, RM. 223, BARC-WEST
Beltsville MD 20705
Office of the Director's Staff
The Beltsville Area consists of ARS programs at the Beltsville Agricultural Research Center in Beltsville, MD; the US National Arboretum in Washington D.C.; and worksites in Chatsworth, NJ; Presque Isle, ME; and McMinnville, TN. BARC is the largest and most diversified agricultural research complex in the world.
Beltsville's record of accomplishments and ongoing programs has made it a world leader in agriculture research. It's international reputation attracts thousands of visitors each year from the United States and abroad.
ARS conducts research to develop and transfer solutions to agricultural problems of high national priority and provide information access and dissemination in order to:
- Ensure high-quality safe food and other agricultural products
- Assess the nutritional needs of Americans
- Sustain a competitive agricultural economy
- Enhance the natural resource base and the environment
- Provide economic opportunities for rural citizens, communities, and society as a whole
Research in the Beltsville Area addresses all of these goals through programs in the Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, the Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center, and the US National Arboretum.