Office Support Professional Personnel
The Training Scholarship Program is intended to assist in professional development of individual(s) through funding for conferences, workshops, short courses, or other appropriate short-term experiences. Eligibility, Criteria and Application Process are outlined below.
REQUIREMENTS FOR RECEIVING TRAINING SCHOLARSHIP
The Training Scholarship Program is intended to assist in professional development of individual(s) through funding for conferences, workshops, short courses, or other appropriate short-term experiences.
- Applicants for this scholarship must be permanent ARS employees who have successfully completed one year of continuous employment with the Agency.
- Applicants must have a current fully successful or above performance rating.
- Completed applications will be accepted semi-annually. Deadline for applications will be May 1 and November 1. Scholarship will be awarded by June 1 and Decemeber 1.
- Applications are evaluated but not automatically funded.
- An individual/group can receive only one scholarship per year.
- Individual scholarships will not exceed $1,000.
- Scholarship awards are not valid on completed training that has been already funded by the unit.
- Applications will be evaluated using the following criteria: relevance of the training to the applicant's position, ability to enhance the applicant professionally/personally, and the benefit to others.
- Scholarship recipients will submit a written report to Wanda Rohrer, SAA ACOP Chair, through appropriate supervisory channels, summarizing the activity within 30 days following completion of the training.
Application forms will be available on the council website. (Application Form)
Submit scanned form, signed by supervisor and/or RL, and all supporting documentation to Jacquie McDonald, SAA ACOP Chair at Jacquie.McDonald@ars.usda.gov. Recipients will complete a Form SF-182 upon approval.